Benelux Baltics in Business (BBinB) Cinema Club is once again inviting you to get better acquainted with Lithuanian cinema and its talented young filmmakers. This time you can watch the documentary I’ll Stand by You and on the 19th of April meet its director Virginija Vareikyte.
In support of the film, we ask everyone to contribute 5 Euros. All the money collected will go to support the film. From 7th of April, you will get a chance to screen the movie at home at your own convenience before meeting with Virginija. More information below:
About the film
I’ll Stand by You (2021) - Two women, a psychologist and a police officer, engage into a challenging mission - to reduce the record suicide numbers in their bucolic hometown. Valija and Gintare provide door to door empathy and compassion, healing the loneliest members in their community. At the peak of fear to loose another life, the women form a resourceful friendship. Together they succeed to minimize the crisis and prove that suicide prevention can be effective. Sensitive in it’s approach, I’ll Stand by You conveys inspiration from a reality that is much more common than it seems.
Directed by Virginija Vareikyte and Maximilien Dejoie
Written by Virginija Vareikyte
Duration: 1h 13min
Language: Lithuanian with English subtitles
Film trailer: https://youtu.be/b3MMJAKzmWE
About the event
- The virtual meeting with Virginija Vareikyte will take place on April 19th at 19:00 CET and will last 1h.
- We will talk to Virginija about her inspiration, and the making of her documentary film I’ll Stand by You.
- You will have an opportunity to ask questions and share your own insights.
- The online meeting will be moderated in Lithuanian by Laimis Zelnys.
- Everyone is invited to see the movie and meet with the director.
1. Make sure to register and pay by filling out this form.
2. On April 7th, will send you a link to watch I’ll Stand by You which will be valid till the 19th.
3. On Wednesday, April 19th, at 19:00 CET, will be waiting to see you at our virtual meeting with Virginija Vareikyte. The link to join the meeting will be sent to you a day prior to the event.
If you have any further questions, feel free to write them to Laimis Zelnys – firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, feel free to follow us on Facebook for latest updates via this link.
Excited to see you at the upcoming event!
BBinB Cinema Club